OrcaFlex is the world’s leading package developed by Orcina for the dynamic analysis of offshore marine systems. It performs both static and dynamic analysis of a wide range of offshore systems, including all types of marine risers (rigid and flexible), global analysis, moorings, installation and towed systems.
OrcaFlex provides fast and accurate analysis of catenary systems such as flexible risers and umbilical cables under wave and current loads and externally imposed motions. OrcaFlex makes extensive use of graphics to assist understanding. The program can be operated in batch mode for routine analysis work and there are also special facilities for post- processing your results including fully integrated fatigue analysis capabilities.
About The Training
This training gives you a comprehensive understanding of how to use the OrcaFlex software for model design and dynamic analysis of offshore marine and subsea systems. Participants will learn how to model different types of risers, subsea pipelines and umbilicals and how to analyse for fatigue damage and vortex induced vibration (VIV). Participants will also learn about floating platforms impact on the design, fabrication and installation of risers and subsea pipelines.
This is an OrcaFlex foundation course, aimed at new and/or inexperienced users who can expect to benefit from attendance in the following ways:
- Learn how to build models quickly and easily using the Lines modelling feature.
- Gain relevant knowledge of risers, umbilicals and mooring lines and methods of design, installation and material selection.
- An introduction to the OrcaFlex software with simple model designs.
- Review industry level OrcaFlex model examples.
- Learn how to use the OrcaFlex software to model and mesh risers, umbilicals and mooring lines discuss methods for running fatigue and VIV analysis with OrcaFlex.
- Under the guidance of a very experienced tutor, become a proficient OrcaFlex user in just 5 days!
Day 1- Introduction
- Introduction and OrcaFlex User Interface Overview
- Building and Analysing a Basic Model
- Line Meshing
- Environment and Loading
- Static Analysis
- Dynamic Analysis
Day 2- Hands-On Modelling
- Review of Day 1
- Steel Catenary Riser
- Lazy Wave Riser
Day 3- Hands-On Modelling
- Review of Day 2
- Subsea Pipe Davit Lift
- Subsea Pipe Pull-In into Wellhead
Day 4- Hands-On Modelling
- Review of Day 3
- Riser Fatigue Analysis
- Riser VIV Analysis
Day 5- Conclusion
- Review of Day 4
- General Q & A
- Full course review
- Assessment Test
Who Should Attend?
This course will be of great benefit to experienced professionals in the oil and gas industry involved in the design, installation and operation of subsea pipes, risers and umbilicals. The course would also be very useful to oil and gas industry enthusiasts with a desire to work in the offshore marine systems design and analysis job sector.